You can find the basics in the following places:
- Look at the company’s website. You might find historical information in the ‘About Us’ section.
- Search the Canadian Encyclopedia’s website or the Encyclopædia Britannica for your company.
- For publicly-traded companies, look at their annual reports and keyword search for ‘history’
- Watch our video on Lexis Securities Mosaic and learn how to locate company filings:
Looking for more in-depth company history information? Use the following tools:
- Using Mergent Archives & Mergent Online (PDF guide) | Link to Mergent Archives | Link to Mergent Online
- Searching historical newspaper archives (PDF guide) | Link to list of historical business newspaper archives
For more information on conducting business history research, check out the Bronfman Library’s Business History Guide.